I suggest you...

Review UI layout to use a single column list approach

Apparently current card view might be a polishing layout for presenting to-do lists comparing with other GTD tools, but I think it might not good for our focusings. Man shall have limited concentration on it current workspace, and I think most of people would focus on Today's or high-priority tasks most of the time rather than the whole list.
That's why I saying here: I'd like to suggest that 2Day would update a layout which always splitting the workspace into 3 parts from left to right:

Hamburger Menu | Single Column List Group by Due Day | To-do Detail (Editing)

The Single List may also group by priority/folder/tags etc option by user. Such a list may mainly display user's current focusing tasks on top for most of who needs. And also drag & drop on list shall change task's due-day/priority attributes. On the left side of the workspace, task detail displaying of current selection will be very easy for user to manage this task's notes/subtasks/due-day/priority/tags etc.

Regards,
Cloud

38 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Cloud Lau shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cloud Lau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

well, currently the quick add button won't show if hamburger menu folded. and current new task editing window seems too large on everything (fonts, icons etc.) but the quick add window seems very well :)

• Cloud Lau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's also suggested that there will be a floating "+" button for adding new task quickly, refer to Google Material Design, or simply just put it in hamburger menu and make it available even if the menu folded.

BTW, current task detail editing layout looks terrible with its large font and icons, seems like the DPI configuration was not properly set. May be the workspace splitting would solve this problem.

2Day

Feedback and Knowledge Base