I suggest you...

Allow drag and drop to change priority

When I look at my tasks for the day I want to order them according to which ones I will do first. Since they display as a board where I can drag to change the date, I would like to also drag within the column to set the order. I would be ok with this assigning the priority so it is the same as where I drop it in the list.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jane shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Admin2Day team (Admin, 2Day) responded  · 

Hi Jane,

I guess you can already do that in some way. If you group your tasks by priority (by tapping the calendar icon next to the name of the view in the header of the app), you can then use drag/drop to move your tasks.

Please let me know if that helps,
Kind regards,

Jeremy

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Admin2Day team (Admin, 2Day) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Understood. This is quite challenging because 2Day already has some logic regarding how to order tasks in a column (btw, that configurable via Settings > Task Ordering). So even though we can add custom logic during the drag/drop operation I don't know how to edit the task to make it being displayed at the "correct" location.

• Jane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That isn't quite what I meant. I like the grouping by date which makes a column per day. But within a day I would like to be able to control the order of displayed tasks using drag and drop. At the moment if I move a task from tomorrow to today by dragging, then I have to edit it to get the ordering right. I'd like to drag and drop within one column to order them. Just directly ordering would be great, but assigning priorities would achieve the same thing.

2Day

Feedback and Knowledge Base